Question Unanswered: Apache won't start after clone from Sol 10 to Sol 11

Hi All,

We are in the process of migrating our EBS R12.1.3 system onto new hardware. The current o/s is Solaris 10. The new server has Solaris 11. As recommended by Oracle, we used the standard cloning method to achieve this process and have nearly completed our first test migration.

We have however hit an issue whereby when starting the web tier services, Apache fails to start with a 204 error code. It refers to another log file which has the error: 'Can't stat executable /u01/DBA/inst/apps/DBA_svt-ebsapp08/ora/10.1.3/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl' (and yes it really does say 'stat'. I think that is an Oracle typo).

This is the first time I have ever encountered the .apachectl hidden file and having looked around the internet, I can find rare instances of this file being mentioned. All I know is that it is a binary file which I think calls apachectl.sh.

I would really appreciate any assistance anyone can give. To be honest, even if anyone can advise what this file does or give any info to help direct us, it would be much appreciated as Oracle themselves appear to know less than I at this stage.

I'll attach the logs just in case anyone is interested. Thanks ;-)

Same problem on OCS Infrastructure 10.1.2

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this problem?
    I have the same issue trying to migrate OCS infrastructure from sol10 to sol11

tnx

We did actually but our problem was specific to E Business Suite. Oracle came up with a solution which was an edit to a file but will be coming up with a fix in the form of a patch when they can be bothered. It had something to do with the server hostname having a '-' in it. If this has any bearing on your situation let me know and I'll dig out the SR details when I go to work tomorrow. There is actually a bug number which I can dig out as well.

Cheers

ok ...sorry forget that, a different SR but we did get round it though. Again I'll dig the details out tomorrow ...Im actually working on the document where I put that at the mo so it should be to hand.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by spacedoutcat View Post
    ok ...sorry forget that, a different SR but we did get round it though. Again I'll dig the details out tomorrow ...Im actually working on the document where I put that at the mo so it should be to hand.

Cheers

Right, the way we fixed this was to relink all application code. As I say, we were using Enterprise Business Suite. If this is the case then it's something like this:

1. Log in to db server as 11g environment and run the following command:
    $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/adlnkoh.sh
    2. Log in to db server as R12 environment and run the following command:
    $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh
    3. Log in to application server as R12 environment and run the following command:
    $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh
    4. Log in to application server as R12 environment and proceed as follows:
    . $INST_TOP/ora/10.1.3/DBA_svt-ebsapp08.env
    $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/adlnkweboh.sh

Then run autoconfig on all tiers.

i.e.
    database tier
    concurrent processing tier
    web tier

This resolved our issue.