Unanswered: Disabling Single Record

Good day, Please i need help on how to disable or make a single record (form) inactive in ms access. thanks

Provided Answers: 34
    Lock the form.
    Me.locked = true

Thanks for your quit response. This reply @ranman256 will lock the entire form or specified fields.
    This is exactly what i need:- I have a form of about 20 fields with about 200 records. Some of the people among the 200 records do not exist anymore (resigned, dead, transferred etc) but i don't want to delete them. So i need a code that will disable or make only these specific records inactive using a criteria from the a field called "Status". Status has a drop down "Active" and "Inactive". e.g, say
    "If Me.Status = "Inactive" Then
    ------------------------------------------
    I don't want to lock the entire form. Also, i prefer to disable or change backcolor of those records rather than lock. Thanks in anticipation.

Provided Answers: 11
    have you tryed

If Me.Status = "Inactive" Then
    Me.locked = true
    else
    Me.locked = false
    end if

now where to put it we want to check it on each record to i would put it in the Form_Current()
    hope this help

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.
    DONT WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO TALK BEHIND YOUR BACK
    THEY'RE BEHIND YOU FOR A REASON

If it would help to not see them you can filter them out with a query. depending on the form, maybe a subform that would show just the "inactive" names if they need to be visible. This subform could have the fields locked.

Provided Answers: 1
    My solution to this was to place a field in the table (call it Disable, or something), text, 20 char. You could use Yes/No but I wanted text so I could capture a 1,2 word reason for the Disable. In each query add the condition Is Null or "" to the Deleted field. The second condition "" is there in case someone enters text and then simply erases it leaving a zero-length non-Null. On the form where it appears, I colored the field Red if anything was typed in the field to make it noticed.
    PGT