Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: SSIS does nothing when executed from schedule

Good day

I have a simple SSIS package with a Script task in it, the script task is set to start at Main and in main I have some VB.NET code that retrieves information from a Database, and then inserts in to another table, all on the same server where the SSIS lives. If I run the package manually it works no problem, but as soon as it is scheduled it runs, but nothing happens, every.

Please can someone help me here. I have been battling like this for 3 days.

I have written plenty SSIS's before on other servers but this is a new server, so clearly I have missed something.

Please help, thank you.

Provided Answers: 17
    I have seen this sort of behavior when someone changes the number of errors before failure parameter. The log would show an error, but the package would report success. Could it be that the VB.NET code is swallowing an error?

The usual suspect for a scheduled SSIS package is the permission associated with the account running SQL Agent (or whatever other scheduling tool you are using).

Provided Answers: 1
    Thank you for your reply. I do not suspect it is an error issue, as if I right click the package under the catalogue it runs 100%, just the schedule. A number of sites I have since found all point to a permissions issue, but what permissions I need to grant the SQL SERVER AGENT account I am not sure. Do you know perhaps?

Provided Answers: 17
    Depends on what the package accesses. Set an output file for the SQL Agent job to direct output to a file somewhere, run the job, and check to see if there are errors in the output file.