Unanswered: SQL0805N Package "NULLID.SQLC2O26 0X4141414141664164" was not found

Hello everyone

I have a problem regarding SQL0805N problem. I can connect to remote db through application account located on this remote server but I can`t select anything. I don`t have an access to this server. I tried many solutions, for example using several bind commands but I receive following message:

SQL0551N The statement failed because the authorization ID does not have the required authorization or privilege to perform the operation. Authorization ID: "VPCENTER". Operation: "BIND". Object: "NULLID.SQLC2O26". SQLSTATE=42501

Which privileges I have to grant to user vpcenter anod how? Should I create this user in my db2 server? My db server is version Db2 Express 11.1 and remote db is version 10.1.5.

Please advice me.

Provided Answers: 45
    Hello,

The package NULLID.SQLC2O26 is a part of db2clpcs.bnd file for 11.1
    DB2 v11.1 Bind File and Package Name List
    db2clpcs.bnd file is a part of the ~sqllib/bnd/db2ubind.lst file.

So, it's better to bind this lst file from your 11.1 client with something like this:
    Code:
    cd ~/sqllib/bnd
    db2 connect to my_remote_10.1_database user ... using ...
    db2 bind @db2ubind.lst blocking all grant public
    To do this your authorization id has to have BINDADD authority on the database + CREATEIN on NULLID schema priviledge.
    If some of these packages have been already created, you have to have BIND privilege on each of these packages as it's stated in your error message.
    Regards,
    Mark.

I already tried this option but I assume that I don`t have all necessary privileges. But which account has to have BINDADD and CREATEIN privileges?

My instance user has these rights, also one application account has it, but account vpcenter is for me unknown account and it hasn`t these rights. Should I create these account as OS user on my db server?

Provided Answers: 45
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTomcik View Post
    I already tried this option but I assume that I don`t have all necessary privileges. But which account has to have BINDADD and CREATEIN privileges?
    The account you use to connect to your remote 10.1 database (VPCENTER in your case) must have them. Ask your 10.1 DBA for such accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinTomcik View Post
    My instance user has these rights, also one application account has it, but account vpcenter is for me unknown account and it hasn`t these rights. Should I create these account as OS user on my db server?
    Why don't you use these accounts instead of this VPCENTER for the remote 10.1 database connection to bind these packages, if these accounts have privileges in the remote database?
    Note that your local users are nobody in the remote database.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Hello,

I had faced this issue before. and could able to resolve it successfully.

The issue is the packages need to be bounded at client side. please follow below steps:
    1. db2 grant bindadd on database to user <username>
    2. At client execute bind:
    db2 bind "<DBPATH>\bnd\@db2cli.lst" blocking all grant public
    db2 bind "<DBPATH>\bnd\@db2ubind.lst" blocking all grant public
    db2 bind "<DBPATH>\bnd\db2schema.bnd" blocking all grant public

3. On db server:
    db2 revoke bindadd on database from user <username>

This should fix the issue.

regards,
    db guide