Answered: How to do Replication in DB2 11.1

Hi,

I'm running DB2 11.1.0.1527 on Windows Server and I need to do a PoC on replication to setup a DR site. The problem is that all the tutorials I have found on IBM or on internet involves command center/Replication center but I don't have replication center as part of the installation of my DB2. I do have a Data studio though. On IBM information center for DB2 11 they have a product called Infoshpere but I don't see it in the product list that is being displayed when I login using the passport advantage. Can anyone tell me how to do Replication in 11.1 or do I need to license a separate product?

Thanks.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.bb

"Replication Center is not installed with Express-C, and you are not allowed to use SQL Replication with Express-C.
    Install some another DB2 Edition. For example, install DB2 WSE as in your picture."

Provided Answers: 45
    Hi,

Don't you have Start->Run->db2rc program on your server? It's part of a typical db2 installation on Windows.
    You can use ASNCLP command-line program instead.
    SQL Replication with DB2 LUW databases is free in all DB2 editions except Express-C.
    Regards,
    Mark.

I have Express-C edition. Can I do replication in it? ANother thing is I can see the following DB2 appearing in the passport advantage account of the client but I don't think it's DB2. They got the DB2 as part of BPM suite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB2.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	17224

Can you please guide me what should I need?

If memory serves, Replication Center should be available in Db2 express. The command is in \SQLLIB\BIN\ db2rc.bat. Db2 Express can administer replication but Capture and Apply programs (asncap and asnapply) will be on the Windows Server edition.

I checked again. There's no db2rc.bat file inside the directory you mentioned.

Replication Center is not installed with Express-C, and you are not allowed to use SQL Replication with Express-C.
    Install some another DB2 Edition. For example, install DB2 WSE as in your picture.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.bb View Post
    Replication Center is not installed with Express-C, and you are not allowed to use SQL Replication with Express-C.
    Install some another DB2 Edition. For example, install DB2 WSE as in your picture.
    But the 3 files that it shows available for download appears to be related to MQ. Is it right? I don't see any DB2 setup.

You should be able to download db2 wse from the PA site.
    This package is listed here.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21985358
    If you are not able to do this, then contact your IBM representative.
    Regards,
    Mark.

Provided Answers: 9
    if you are using express-c, you might want to look into log shipping and have your DR server in a roll forward state, applying the logs as they come in.

Thanks, I have got the v9.7 for the time being.