Answered: Tivoli Cluster Manager Configuration for two db2 servers

I have been researching how to configure Tivoli to manage my configuration which uses HADR..... Our configuration is to be as follows....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 2.51.21 PM.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	17258

so server 1/3 and server 2/4 are a pair of databases which must operate together due to the qrep. When server1 or 3 goes down or a database fails over, we have to do the same with the paired database.... same as with the other pair....

All of the examples of Tivioli really just cluster two servers, but I have not seen a configuration like this. I'm new to Tivioli, so maybe I'm just missing something obvious, but I don't understand how I configure. I'm assuming, I'll have to either create or update scripts to take care of starting Qrep when a failover occurs, but when server 1 fails, the database on server 3 will have to failover as well....

I would appreciate some direction..

Thanks in advance
    Paul
    Last edited by paulm.dp; 01-16-17 at 15:53.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.bb

"You should create 2 VIPs for your primary HADR databases.
    Standard db2haicu can do this.
    Qrep would use these VIPs instead of static ones.
    DependsOn relationship should be established between the db2 database resource (target) and corresponding qrep resource (source) to make them work on the same server (for example, db_a primary and qcapture, db_b primary and qapply)."

Provided Answers: 45
    You should create 2 VIPs for your primary HADR databases.
    Standard db2haicu can do this.
    Qrep would use these VIPs instead of static ones.
    DependsOn relationship should be established between the db2 database resource (target) and corresponding qrep resource (source) to make them work on the same server (for example, db_a primary and qcapture, db_b primary and qapply).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails system.png  
    Regards,
    Mark.