Answered: Adding another condition onto a Procedure

Good Day,

I apologize if this request is not in the right place. I am pretty new to DB2 and was asked to change an existing procedure. I tried adding another condition into my original if statement based on a new variable but when I try to run it the procedure fails

Here is the procedure I have. I basically want to say that if the customer is CUST_A then instead of making the trace type 1 for the first where statement make it type 'B'. If the customer is anyother customer code then leave the procedure the way it is.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE CUSTOM_ORDER(IN ID INT )
    LANGUAGE SQL
    SPECIFIC SP_CUSTOM_ORDER

BEGIN
    DECLARE IFStatus INTEGER;
    SET IFStatus = (SELECT INTERFACE_F FROM ORDER WHERE DETAIL_ID = CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID);
    IF IFStatus IS NULL THEN
    DELETE FROM TRACE WHERE DETAIL_NUMBER = CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID AND TRACE_TYPE IN ('2','1');
    FOR TN AS
    SELECT DISTINCT FIELD_1 TRACE_NUMBER
    FROM TLDTL
    WHERE ORDER_ID = CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID AND PICK_ID = 0 AND FIELD_1 <> '' AND FIELD_1 IS NOT NULL DO
    INSERT INTO TRACE (DETAIL_NUMBER, REF_QUALIFIER, TRACE_TYPE, TRACE_NUMBER) VALUES (CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID, 'BOL', '1', TN.TRACE_NUMBER);
    END FOR;
    FOR TN AS
    SELECT DISTINCT FIELD_2 TRACE_NUMBER
    FROM TLDTL
    WHERE ORDER_ID = CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID AND PICK_ID = 0 AND FIELD_2 <> '' AND FIELD_2 IS NOT NULL DO
    INSERT INTO TRACE (DETAIL_NUMBER, TRACE_TYPE, TRACE_NUMBER) VALUES (CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID, '2', TN.TRACE_NUMBER);
    END FOR;
    END IF;
    END

Thank you very much for any help you can give me...

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.bb

"Hello,

According to references to the parameter inside the routine:

Create or replace procedure custom_order(in dlid int )"

Provided Answers: 9
    something like:

case when some_column = 'cust_a' then 'b'
    else '1' end = type

Thank you for the quick reply.

I added a condition at the top to get the bill to code and then added the following:
    WHERE ORDER_ID = CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID AND PICK_ID = 0 AND FIELD_1 <> '' AND FIELD_1 IS NOT NULL DO
    CASE WHEN BILL_TO = 'CUST_A' THEN
    INSERT INTO TRACE (DETAIL_NUMBER, REF_QUALIFIER, TRACE_TYPE, TRACE_NUMBER) VALUES (CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID, 'BOL', 'B', TN.TRACE_NUMBER);
    ELSE
    INSERT INTO TRACE (DETAIL_NUMBER, REF_QUALIFIER, TRACE_TYPE, TRACE_NUMBER) VALUES (CUSTOM_ORDER.DLID, 'BOL', '1', TN.TRACE_NUMBER);
    END CASE;

I get the following failure:
    The creation or revalidation of object "TMWIN.CUSTOM_ORDER" would result in an invalid direct or indirect self-reference. LINE NUMBER=31. SQLSTATE=429C3

Provided Answers: 45
    Hello,

According to references to the parameter inside the routine:

Create or replace procedure custom_order(in dlid int )
    Regards,
    Mark.

That is great, thank you both so much for your help!