What ever happened to the old Chat Coral?

Hi,

I've been away a long long time from this...

Just wondering what has happened since I've been gone.

Are all of the old rogues...I see they are moderators...still going?

I wondered the same. I took a few months off last year and when I came back it was silent.

Looks like some of the wordier folks moved on to other things. I hear forums like this are being overtaken by Twitter. I can't say as any of my answers can be given in 140 characters. Well, any of the polite ones, anyway.

The only thing I am doing with Microsoft these days is transitioning away from it. Been busy. I am having a baby in September. I bought a house in Alexandria and I am moving into that in 2 weeks. Changed gigs last summer. I am now at a very large print and digital media operation. With all of that, and retraining myself in python/linux/hadoop/redshift etc... I have no time for the boards these days.

As for everyone else, the cowboy is coming back to the country and was interviewing for a very fancy job working for Bezos. Rudy is retired and has not driven a car in years and spends his time riding bikes and taking pictures. Pat got tired of talking politics on social media and now just posts puppy dog videos. Looks like George is settling down with a you g lady and that is about all I know.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Congrats on the Baby, Sean. Glad to hear you are doing well, as are the others, apparently. I suppose I should eventually venture onto Facebook to catch up with everyone properly.

Basically I dropped off the forum radar due to a passive choice to change my lifestyle... less work/tech and more play.
    Dropped all my old contract clients which allowed me to stop using a computer at home... can't remember the last time I turned my personal laptop on... in fact I can't even think where it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus View Post
    Looks like George is settling down with a you g lady and that is about all I know.
    Something like that

Do miss this spot and these folks, to be fair.
    George
    Home | Blog