Answered: Database parameters

Hi. Sorry, i'm new in db2. I can't find answer for next question. what parameters in databases needs tuning for small or large databases. for size 10gb, 30gb and 68gb.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by schor

"I would agree that all those sizes of database are very small. What type of workload are you running? Did you run the configuration advisor?

db2 is mostly self tuning and can get you very good performance once you run the config advisor."

Provided Answers: 9
    will take a lot more room than this page to discuss. If you have more specific questions we can help more. Also, you should provide what platform you are running on and version/level of your DB.

As a side note and should help you those sizes are all very small databases. Most of us have single tables that are many times larger. One of the systems I'm supporting right now is at 2TB.

thanks a lot.your sarcasm is great
    Last edited by freedom12; 06-07-17 at 09:21.

Provided Answers: 1
    I would agree that all those sizes of database are very small. What type of workload are you running? Did you run the configuration advisor?

db2 is mostly self tuning and can get you very good performance once you run the config advisor.

Provided Answers: 9
    no sarcasm intended

Sorry guys. I'm really new in databases and db2 makes me crazy. Config advisor is a good choise. db2 9.7.5 express. Thanks
    Last edited by freedom12; 06-15-17 at 07:52. Reason: add db2 version