Provided Answers: 1

Unhappy Answered: Access 2010 Really strange SubForm positioning issue?

Hi All,

I have been having a LOT of trouble figuring this one out so I thought I would turn to the experts here

When I try to set focus to the first Control (TextBox) on the SubForm using the following code, the SubForm positioning changes no matter what I do. Previously it took over the whole form (as in the 2nd screenshot), then when I tried changing "Top" in the Properties for the SubForm Control on the Main Form, it changed to what you can see in the first screenshot. But I haven't been able to get anywhere at all from there, and I've tried EVERYTHING.

Code:
    [Forms]![frmINVOICEENTRY]![sfrmINVOICEENTRY1].SetFocus
    [Forms]![frmINVOICEENTRY]![sfrmINVOICEENTRY1]![STOCKCODE].SetFocus

A sample of the relevant part of the DB is attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	17371

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SetFocus to Subform 1.PNG 
Views:	0 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	17372

TestDB4 - Test Invoice & Subform.zip

2. Best Answer
    Posted by techfixes

"OK, no responses here, so I thought I would share the fix which I eventually figured out after much sweat and tears

I had to constrain the dimensions of the Subform by placing the following at the bottom of the Form Load event for the main Form:

Code:
    Me!sfrmINVOICEENTRY1.Height = 2510
    Me!sfrmINVOICEENTRY1.Width = 12220

I adjusted the numbers down until the Form did not jump at all. This definitely fixed it."

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

OK, no responses here, so I thought I would share the fix which I eventually figured out after much sweat and tears

I had to constrain the dimensions of the Subform by placing the following at the bottom of the Form Load event for the main Form:

Code:
    Me!sfrmINVOICEENTRY1.Height = 2510
    Me!sfrmINVOICEENTRY1.Width = 12220

I adjusted the numbers down until the Form did not jump at all. This definitely fixed it.
    Last edited by techfixes; 06-09-17 at 01:00.