Unanswered: dropped table recovery

Hi all

my friend working on a dev environment today accidentally he drooped a table . They don't have any backup. Is there any way to get that table ??

please help me....

Thanks
    Siva prabhala

Provided Answers: 1

Provided Answers: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by siva_prabhala View Post
    They don't have any backup.
    You must have DB level backup correct ? . this is from the recovery step number 2 from the above link

2.) Restore a database- or table space-level backup image taken before the table was dropped.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by siva_prabhala View Post
    Hi all

my friend working on a dev environment today accidentally he drooped a table . They don't have any backup. Is there any way to get that table ??

please help me....

Thanks
    Siva prabhala
    You should get your friend to logon and do their own dirty work

hi sir

Thanks for the help. The major problem is we don't have any type of backup .

The table recovery option is also not enable . Can we retrive the data? plz help me.

without backup its difficult, is you database enabled for archive logging -- raise PMR

Provided Answers: 1
    If you do not have a backup and you do not have dropped table recovery on then you're out of luck.

Just quick question related to recovery of table in case full backup was available

-> We can restore tablespace level backup or DB level backup and rollforward db before the time the table was dropped.

Drop table timestamp we can get from db2 list history dropped table, in this case i know i need to just reach before that timestamp or after that timespace if i am extracting the data to a path.

If we dont know the timestamp when the table was dropped and if we need to reach certain point, how we determine the timestamp is that from the Minimum recovery timestamp fromt he tablespace ? .

Or else if we need to bring till 15:00 PM how we know the logs applied has committed data ? .

regds
    paul