Unanswered: OpenReport method

After the w10 'update' installed itself on my computer without my permission, my printer doesn't work from my access 2007 program. I get an error message saying that the OpenReport action was canceled. Error # 2501. I need to print stuff out now! How do I get it done? Thanks.

Can you preview the report?

No. I get the message immediately.

This error can occur if there is no data to print. Check your record source for the report to see if there is data.

I checked; I should have said so before. There is a .RecordCount of 1.

You could do the following:-
    - Compact and Repair your database
    - You may have a corrupt report. Create a new report with the same record source and just one field on the report the see if you can open the report in Print Preview.
    - If you still a machine with an older then test it on that machine.

I do not use Windows 10, but I have problems when I put a split database on a windows 10 machine the code that I run to re-link the tables will not run. I had create the same directory on my computer link it that directory then install the database in the same directory on the Windows 10 machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Smurf View Post
    You could do the following:-
    - Compact and Repair your database
    - You may have a corrupt report. Create a new report with the same record source and just one field on the report the see if you can open the report in Print Preview.

I do not use Windows 10, but I have problems when I put a split database on a windows 10 machine the code that I run to re-link the tables will not run. I had create the same directory on my computer link it that directory then install the database in the same directory on the Windows 10 machine.
    Thanks, Poppa.

Did #1.
    Will have no choice but to do #3. However, I really want my db to work on my W10 machine, so I tried #2 also.
    #2 gives me the following error:

The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: A problem occurred while <database> was communicating with the OLE Server or ActiveX Control.
    What now?

I did, and it worked just fine, thanx. And that was on an 11-year-old Dell XP machine running Access 2007.
    And here I can't get the identical db to work on a 1-year-old hp W10 machine running Access 2016.
    However, if you could help guide me to be able to fix whatever is wrong, I'd be grateful.

Going from Access 20007 to 2016 you may need to change the existing VBA references to the 2016 version. Sorry I can not tell you the references as I do not use Access 2016.

I copied the missing references (OFFICE12\MSACC.OLB and OFFICE12\ACEDAO) into the path of the office references, and put them in using the BROWSE button on the reference dialog box, but it didn't add them. Why not?

Those references are for an earlier version of access my 2013 version has references beginning with Microsoft Office 15.0. So I assume the references for 2016 will be a later version than Microsoft Office 15.0.

Remove the changes you made to your references. Create a new database with a new table and your data. Create a report just to show a record then see if you can display the report in Printview.
    You may have a corrupt form, report etc.