Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: What are system packages SQLABG02, SQLC2G13, SQLC2J23 and SQLC2K26 with schema NULLID

Hi,
    I have to migrate tables, view, etc from old DB2 v8.2 on Intel/Windows database to DB2 v11.1 on Intel/Linux database.

Now I am looking into authorizations and I see some users have had access to
    the following system packages:
    NULLID.SQLABG02
    NULLID.SQLC2G13
    NULLID.SQLC2J23
    NULLID.SQLC2K26
    with command: grant execute on package <package_name> to user <user>

I am wondering what this system packages are. Can't find anything useful on the web.
    I would like to do similar "grants" to some other system packages if required in db2 v11.1

How to find out what are above system packages and what equal grants I need to apply on DB2 v11.1.
    Regards

Provided Answers: 45
    Hi,

These are the system packages.
    There are mappings between these package names and their bind files. These mappings are DB2 version specific. You can see the package names from different db2 versions in your database, if they were bound from some clients of the corresponding version.
    Look here, for example:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21516702

Unfortunately, there is no complete description of the tool-to-bind_file mapping, so sometimes it's hard to say what some bind file is for.
    In your case:
    NULLID.SQLABG02 -> db2ajgrt.bnd
    NULLID.SQLC2G13 -> db2clpcs.bnd
    NULLID.SQLC2J23 -> db2clpcs.bnd
    NULLID.SQLC2K26 -> db2clpcs.bnd

Note, that these package names from db2clpcs.bnd are from the different db2 versions.
    Usually you don't grant exec permission to these packages directly, but bind the corresponding bind file (or list of bind files containing this one) with an appropriate GRANT option (see the BIND command).
    For example, db2ajgrt.bnd is in the ~/sqllib/bnd/db2ubind.lst, so, you can run one of the following:
    db2 bind ~/sqllib/bnd/@db2ubind.lst blocking all grant public
    or
    db2 bind ~/sqllib/bnd/db2ajgrt.bnd blocking all grant public

Provided Answers: 27
    To answer the question "which NULLID% package comes from which bindfile", I script db2bfd -b on all the bindfiles in the estate, as its output includes the package name. This is useful in an environment where automated alerting of invalid or inoperative packages happens. You may want to drop disused packages if you know that the version/fixpack to which they belong is neither no longer in use on your estate nor is likely to be. Apart from stopping the alerts, it cleans up the catalog of disused objects that are wasting space.