Unanswered: Migration from DB2 v8.1 to DB2 v11.1 in Unix environment

Hi All,
    In my shop,the client is planning to upgrade the LUW DB2 database from version 8.1 to 11.1 .They have done the migration at one go(like no intermediate migration on other versions). After the migration tables and data are moved as expected, but the stored procedures are getting some errors. like-
    1. Order by is giving different sequence than v8.1
    2. zeroes getting truncated in numeric fields. Previously output was coming 18.10 in one field,now it's coming 18.1

Any help , why DB2 v11.1 is behaving like this.
    Thanks in advance!

Provided Answers: 27
    Strange, I understood you could not directly migrate from V8.x to V11.x on midrange. Some detail required there.
    V8.x stored procedures were not SQL PL but had an intermediate form - unless the stored procedures where java or C/C++. You need to give details about the sprocs, and how they were rebuilt for V11.1 and rebound.
    There were many changes to the product between V8.x and V11.x and many of the changes can have a functional impact, with default values for some configuration parameters needing careful assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by db2mor View Post
    Strange, I understood you could not directly migrate from V8.x to V11.x on midrange. Some detail required there.
    V8.x stored procedures were not SQL PL but had an intermediate form - unless the stored procedures where java or C/C++. You need to give details about the sprocs, and how they were rebuilt for V11.1 and rebound.
    There were many changes to the product between V8.x and V11.x and many of the changes can have a functional impact, with default values for some configuration parameters needing careful assessments.
    Hi db2mor,
    Thanks for replying!
    This is not actually a migration, it's more like lift and shift the stored procedures from 8.x to 11.x .
    Also the procedures are DB2 (not native stored procedure). I understand your point that most probably it is because there is a huge change in configuration parameters.
    Can you please suggest any parameters where I need to focus.
    Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 45
    Hi,

dec_to_char_fmt database parameter was introduced in 9.7. But trailing zeroes shouldn't be truncated.
    Can you provide some examples with wrong sort order and trailing zeroes truncation?
    Regards,
    Mark.