Provided Answers: 4

Post Answered: SSRS Question about Drill Dwn Reports

I have what I hope is a easy question. First I need to know what kind of report to use to use drill down, sub-report, drill through... And if you can point me to a example or tutorial that would be awesome. This is a balancing report. It balances monthly Invoice data against daily shipment data. I would like to create a report that groups data by invoice number and give a summary on one line. It can be expanded to show detailed line data. I have attached a data set layout and mockup of the report.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	17409

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	17410

2. Best Answer
    Posted by wjburke2

"
    Quote Originally Posted by wjburke2 View Post
    I have what I hope is a easy question. First I need to know what kind of report to use to use drill down, sub-report, drill through... And if you can point me to a example or tutorial that would be awesome. This is a balancing report. It balances monthly Invoice data against daily shipment data. I would like to create a report that groups data by invoice number and give a summary on one line. It can be expanded to show detailed line data. I have attached a data set layout and mockup of the report.

Attachment 17409

Attachment 17410
    This turned out to be a non question because SSRS automatically allows you to create a summary line top or bottom when you group your report. I believe all I had to do was delete the total line I didn't want."

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by wjburke2 View Post

Name:	Untitled.png 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	17409

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	17410
    This turned out to be a non question because SSRS automatically allows you to create a summary line top or bottom when you group your report. I believe all I had to do was delete the total line I didn't want.