Provided Answers: 1

Unhappy Unanswered: Excess Null Values Returned on Import

Hey all,

I have several linked excel tables which hold the data for my db (we are unable to do it any other way at the moment). I have gone through them dozens of times each to assure that all the fields which cannot have null values do not, yet when I import the data (copy and paste from the linked table to the table I want to use) Access does not always recognize the changes I have made within excel. I have tried deleting all of the linked tables and reconnecting a couple of times and it usually fixes one or two but then one or two others that were doing fine before start to act up and do the same thing. I also thought that it might have been some sort of missmatch of data type, but I went into my tables that I am importing into and made sure those matched too with no luck. I'm really stumped on this one. Any ideas?

TLDR; I am looking at the information in excel which access is saying is not present. Access then gives me an error message and does not let me import my data because of null values. I've tried several things, but nothing has worked so far.

I created a solution which links an excel sheet to a table, then I transfer that data to a empty table, then use VBA to minipulate/normalize the data in the table, finally, append data to main table. Copy and paste can result in scrambled data.
    We tend to look at Linear paths which can lead us to a path of resistance!

Provided Answers: 11
    Quote Originally Posted by PJHAction View Post
    I created a solution which links an excel sheet to a table, then I transfer that data to a empty table, then use VBA to minipulate/normalize the data in the table, finally, append data to main table. Copy and paste can result in scrambled data.
    Snap that What i would to
    hope this help

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.
    DONT WORRY ABOUT THOSE WHO TALK BEHIND YOUR BACK
    THEY'RE BEHIND YOU FOR A REASON

Award73

Have not heard anything, PM me if you want some hands on help
    We tend to look at Linear paths which can lead us to a path of resistance!