Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Exporting Forms to PDF in landscape using VBA

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to export a bunch of forms to PDF using VBA code on buttons (on each form). Some of the forms are better presented in landscape format, but I can't seem to find a working solution to changing the orientation of the PDF from Access. The only code I've found is

Forms([Forms]![FRM_Main]![my_sub_frm].Form.Name).Printer.Orientation = acPRORLandscape
    DoCmd.PrintOut , 1, 1, acLow, 1, False

Which I placed amongst the export code:

MyFile = Format(Date, "yymmdd") & " - [xxx].pdf"
    Forms([Forms]![FRM_Main]![my_sub_frm].Form.Name).Printer.Orientation = acPRORLandscape
    DoCmd.PrintOut , 1, 1, acLow, 1, False
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputForm, [Forms]![FRM_Main]![my_sub_frm].Form.Name, acFormatPDF, "C:\[...]\" & MyFile, False

This didn't work, I get the error 2450 - ... cannot find the referenced form ..., and I get the same error in whatever line order I order the code.

Does anyone have an alternative solution which might work to rotate the tables when writing them to PDFs? There will be a dozen reports or so with each export, so I don't want the client to need to go through each one and rotate it manually. Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 35
    use a report. Those you can customize.

Thanks, I'll give that a go

Is there a way to do that via VBA...? Looking online and the only solution I can find is to go to Save As -> Save Object As etc. If I'm going to build reports, I need the same functionality as previously, i.e. from a button on the form.. The only code I've found so far is:

Dim rpt As Report
    Set rpt = CreateReport
    DoCmd.Restore

Which just creates a blank report (even when the code is inside the form with the data). Is there not VBA code to create reports of the forms directly?

weejas is offline Grumpy old man (training)
    Provided Answers: 18
    You can create reports with VBA, but it's a lot of work. It's much easier to create the relevant report in advance and use DoCmd.OpenReport to open it:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vba...-method-access
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.
    Beers earned: 2