Provided Answers: 4

Answered: SQL Server install question

I have SQL server 2008 R2 and I am using VS2008 full licensed versions. I recently purchased a new window 10 computer and am installing my development software. Now for some reason I have a default instance of SQLEXPRESS that I cant get rid of and a named instance SQL2008R2 I cant access. I have no idea how to get rid of the EXPRESS Instance or how to make the SQL2008R2 instance the default instance. I have tried through the uninstall on control panel, and through configuration manager. Not sure how I got express but I really don't want it I need to be able to access the real deal my test database is 35gig. Thank you.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by indiri

"By default EXPRESS is installed with Visual Studio and you must have installed it first, hence it's the default instance. If you cannot find a way to remove it through add/remove programs you can uninstall both programs and then reinstall. When you reinstall you must install the database FIRST."

Provided Answers: 1
    By default EXPRESS is installed with Visual Studio and you must have installed it first, hence it's the default instance. If you cannot find a way to remove it through add/remove programs you can uninstall both programs and then reinstall. When you reinstall you must install the database FIRST.

Provided Answers: 4
    Thank you for explaining how that works. I guess I never thought about the order they should be installed in.

i want to know the clear question related to install SQL server or other