Question Answered: Automatically filling out a column of a subtable

Hello all,

I've taken on a project that might be way beyond my skill level considering I've only taken one database class about 5 years ago.

Tables:
    Clients - ID, name, info, defaultDayofWeek
    Attendance - clientID, attendance(default yes), otherServicesTaken(default yes), DATES

On a form, when I select a day, for example, August 22 Tuesday, I need the continuous form to have all the clients for Tuesday in the column so I can just edit the attendance and otherservicestaken and save the attendance records.

Is this even a good way to go about this? In any case, please help.

I will provide more info if required.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by weejas

"Simplicity is one of the hardest things to achieve.

Create an unbound form with a calendar/date picker control and a subform control. Populate the subform control with a continuous form based on a query that shows the fields that you want (date, client, attendance, etc). in the master/child relationship for the subform control, set the date picker as the master and the attendance date as the child.

If I'm remembering correctly, changing the date via the date picker should then cause the subform to display the records for that day."

weejas is offline Grumpy old man (training)
    Provided Answers: 17
    Simplicity is one of the hardest things to achieve.

Create an unbound form with a calendar/date picker control and a subform control. Populate the subform control with a continuous form based on a query that shows the fields that you want (date, client, attendance, etc). in the master/child relationship for the subform control, set the date picker as the master and the attendance date as the child.

If I'm remembering correctly, changing the date via the date picker should then cause the subform to display the records for that day.
    10% of magic is knowing something that no-one else does. The rest is misdirection.
    Beers earned: 2