Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: loocking for James or some one with experience!!!

Dear james / or someone willing to help:

Some year ago, you told me that there is an easy way to create an online licencing sistem to licence programs created with brilliant can you tell me how to do it?

just the steps you dont have to get into details, just head me in the right direction.

best regards

fer
    from mexico

Two possible ways:
    A:
    Create a request string with the Customer name, Version, Serial No. and let him send it to you by email or Webpage.
    You create the serial and send it back.

B:
    Create a request string with the Customer name, Version, Serial No. and send it with Brilliant Database to a Webpage.
    Webpage answers and Software is activated.

This works with the following restrictions:
    If licence stored inside database - only for this database. If database is copied - no detection if on many systems.
    If licence stored in a file - file can be copied to many PCs.

Remember:
    Brilliant Database has no technology to scan for PC hardware. A activated program is final activated as above and can be moved to different PCs or shared over the interent with others.

My recommendation: Don't wast time/money on a online licence activation. I would be safe as when you send your customers directly a working serial, bound to their name.

Provided Answers: 1
    ** thanks a lot, i will do as you recommend.

After test a many protector since 2005 the best option is Enigma Protector www.enigmaprotector.com works fine.
    You need protect the .exe file in app folder and and test protection under Project App in BDB software and need check protection option "don't update exe-file..." on and them Preview.

Provided Answers: 19
    A Global Variable can be used to store registration keys.

For example, the option to create and add new records can be coded to only allow a maximum of 10 records in a folder unless the correct Registration Key has been entered.

If you need me to expand on this or write a demonstration, just let me know. Sorry I missed your original post, I've been away working on other things.

Regards
    James.