Provided Answers: 11

Answered: Db2 HADR TSA VIP

Db2 V11 on linux with hadr and tsa
    in older doc I could find the restriction that both servers for the vip, should be in the same subnet
    in current doc, I could not find this back
    Is the restriction still present ?
    is this a Db2 restriction or from tcpip or other ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5-V11 Fundamentals- DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

2. Best Answer
    Posted by mark.bb

"I see the same db2haicu restriction here:
    DB2 high availability instance configuration utility (db2haicu) restrictions
    ---
    When you are adding network interface cards (NICs) to a network, you cannot add NICs with different subnet masks to the same network using db2haicu. If you want to add NICs with different subnet masks to the same network, use the following SA MP command:

mkequ <name> IBM.NetworkInterface:<eth0>:<node0>,...,<ethN>:<no deN>
    ---

I've never done this, but it seems that it's the db2haicu restriction only, and you can make an IBM.NetworkInterface equivalency needed initially.
    Then run db2haicu and specify this equivalency for your VIP.

Look here for more details: Characteristics of IBM.ServiceIP"

Provided Answers: 46
    I see the same db2haicu restriction here:
    DB2 high availability instance configuration utility (db2haicu) restrictions
    ---
    When you are adding network interface cards (NICs) to a network, you cannot add NICs with different subnet masks to the same network using db2haicu. If you want to add NICs with different subnet masks to the same network, use the following SA MP command:

mkequ <name> IBM.NetworkInterface:<eth0>:<node0>,...,<ethN>:<no deN>
    ---

I've never done this, but it seems that it's the db2haicu restriction only, and you can make an IBM.NetworkInterface equivalency needed initially.
    Then run db2haicu and specify this equivalency for your VIP.

Look here for more details: Characteristics of IBM.ServiceIP
    Regards,
    Mark.