Unanswered: How to improve my SQL in Oracle In-Memory?

We try to upgrade our Oracle database to Oracle In-memory feature, It seems most of SQL are running better especially for those simple SQL, but I notice some complex SQL are getting worse even all related tables are populated in In-memory. Anyone encounter the same problem?

Due to the new In-memory objects populated for the SQL will change the execution plan. Some complex SQL may be degraded due to the cost estimation problem by Oracle SQL optimizer, that is why Oracle provide NO_INMEMORY hint for user to tune those SQL by themselves. You can depopulate some in-memory objects in different combinations with hints, you may find your SQL will run better or at least back to the original speed. There is a tool from www.tosska.com may help.

Which tables should be populated to In-Memory?

I captured many SQL statements from SGA. Which tables should I populate to In-Memory to get best benefit for all of my SQLs? Because my in-memory size is 8G, I am not able to populate all tables to In-Memory.

You can use Oracle In-memory Advisor which can recommend tables objects into in-memory or Tosska IM Advisor, Oracle uses human hardcoded rule to recommend tables current workload, Tosska uses AI algorithm trying to explore best solutions for specific user environment with limited In-memory size.