Answered: SQL Replicaton IPC files

Hi all,

I'm using Db2 10.5 fix pack 8 on AIX and Linux. Today I tried to stop the SQL Replication capture and apply programs on the Linux box but I received a ASN0506E error. I realized the IPC files were deleted from /tmp. I want to move the IPC files to a different directory so I set TMPDIR in db2inst1's .profile. When I start the capture and apply programs, the IPC files are still created in /tmp. What am I doing wrong?

db2inst1 .profile

set -o vi
    export PS1="$ "
    PATH=.:$PATH
    TMPDIR=/home/db2inst1/tmp

$ echo $TMPDIR
    /home/db2inst1/tmp

Thanks,
    John

2. Best Answer
    Posted by db2mor

"Better to set these variables in the file called ~/db2inst1/sqllib/userprofile (create this file it if does not exist, owned by db2inst1, ensure it has world read permission).
    Also ensure you use the syntax : export TIMDIR=....
    and not TMPDIR=....
    It's possible that the asnapply /asncap might not run as the DB2-instance owner account, so that is the reason you should use 'userprofile' file for such exported variables."

Provided Answers: 27
    Better to set these variables in the file called ~/db2inst1/sqllib/userprofile (create this file it if does not exist, owned by db2inst1, ensure it has world read permission).
    Also ensure you use the syntax : export TIMDIR=....
    and not TMPDIR=....
    It's possible that the asnapply /asncap might not run as the DB2-instance owner account, so that is the reason you should use 'userprofile' file for such exported variables.

Thank you. Adding the export fixed the problem but I updated userprofile also just to be safe.