Unanswered: Brilliant Database v11 RC1 release (2 Oct 2017)

It has been months without browsing the site, but just went to see if any update, and viola! version 11 RC1.

Let's see what these versions have.
    Hopefully a little more support.

You can download the latest v11 RC1 release (2 Oct 2017) here:

http://www.brilliantdatabase.com/down_beta.html

Brilliant Database Ultimate v11 RC1
    Brilliant Database Server v11 RC1
    Brilliant Database Professional v11 RC1
    Brilliant Database Workplace v11 RC1

Provided Answers: 4

isn't he dead!

then

no money left...
    I do not know English well. I am using Google Translate for translation. Please do not laugh my sentences.

yeah, seen it too.

But, can anybody explain or give me a good reason why I should spend 1799 USD for the ultimate version without getting contact and/or support if needed when a competitor with much more powerfull capabilities cost only 299 USD for a lifetime license with an active support forum/community?

Their scripts are mostly compatible to Free Pascal/Lazarus which is complete free and has a much larger support community.

In the past 1.5 years I was in need to learn a lot of programming and do my databases with Lazarus. Slower development as with Brilliant Database but I have everything under my control, much more posibilities and can get support from a large community if needed. Their documentation has tons of examples and descriptions.

If somebody asks me for a linux version or web version I can do it, but not with Version 11.

At this moment I don't see anything good for returning to Version 11. Anybody else?

Imho he has ignored customers and problems to long to be reliable enough for this price. Even for 99 USD I would choose his competitor at the moment...

I am using Brilliant Database since 2009 and I must give credit to the software.
    It's working for me.

Provided Answers: 1
    It would be nice if the developer would provide some information on what is new and fixed.

Provided Answers: 2
    I think that brilliant db is a one guy business which means lack of support, updates and ideas for future versions. Using that strategy in business will never become successful.
    I've been using the SW for a while but getting frustrated when suddenly company disappeared for an entire year.
    Last edited by spyroot; 10-06-17 at 19:45.

hello, please can I have the name of the other database program you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by lostdb View Post
    yeah, seen it too.

But, can anybody explain or give me a good reason why I should spend 1799 USD for the ultimate version without getting contact and/or support if needed when a competitor with much more powerfull capabilities cost only 299 USD for a lifetime license with an active support forum/community?

Their scripts are mostly compatible to Free Pascal/Lazarus which is complete free and has a much larger support community.

In the past 1.5 years I was in need to learn a lot of programming and do my databases with Lazarus. Slower development as with Brilliant Database but I have everything under my control, much more posibilities and can get support from a large community if needed. Their documentation has tons of examples and descriptions.

If somebody asks me for a linux version or web version I can do it, but not with Version 11.

At this moment I don't see anything good for returning to Version 11. Anybody else?

Imho he has ignored customers and problems to long to be reliable enough for this price. Even for 99 USD I would choose his competitor at the moment...
    hello, please can I have the name of the other database program you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Java7 View Post
    MyVisualDatabase.

IMPORTANT:
    For using it in a complex way (like Brilliant Database) and to get access to all features you need to write your own scripts. They are similar to Delphi/Object Pascal.

I have done some tests and found out that using Lazarus need some more work, but has much more feature. I don't use MyVisualDatabase but Lazarus.

Provided Answers: 19
    I check in to see what the latest news is and Brilliant Database have release v11.

This has to be the smallest update ever to Brilliant Database. The WideDB site also doesn't even do anything. It's just a login page that goes nowhere. A Fake site?

This is pure nonsense. No support, no updates worth paying for, and a fake WideDB site?

My goodness how Brilliant Database has fallen from grace. Such a crying shame because the software is pretty awesome and still the best at what it does in my opinion.

I can only hope things turn around for the better before they go out of business.

James