Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Help - pass values from mmr to form

Hello All, I hope someone can help me with the following: I have a quotation/order taking system, but quotation detail is rather complex, so total we have +/- 40 fields, many are flag fields and calculated fields. The problem is that after some time, the system gets really slow, and database big. In order to solve this, I have created another quotation form, in which the detail is added by a form, and the form contains all calculations, and then just pass text / number to few fields of the quotation detail. It is working fine, however now I have 2 problems and have no idea how to solve them, so I hope someone has done this before and could give me a hint to solve it:
    1. When we want to edit a line of the detail, I would like to open the form with all formulation and pass the original values to it, so that the user only changes what he/she wants and when OK is pressed, the values are passed to the detail;
    2. When the customer confirms, we want to recalculate all lines, for example if Price list changed, then to show new Price.
    Is there a way to do this?
    Since my database is too big, I created a small one with a very simple MyDBApp3.zipform to Add detail, and a button. I want to add 2 extra buttons, but have no idea of the script. Button 1: edit line; Button 2: recalculate quotation
    Thank you very much for your valuable time and help.
    Best regards,
    Ernesto from Guatemala
    PD Please excuse my English
    Last edited by mecm; 10-27-17 at 11:28. Reason: Bad title