Provided Answers: 1

Answered: [IBM][CLI Driver][AS] SQL0551N "" does not have the required authorization

We have created an ODBC DSN which connectes to DB2 . However when try to connect to the database to browse tables getting the below error.
    [IBM][CLI Driver][AS] SQL0551N "" does not have the required authorization or privilege to perform operation "" on object "NULLID.SYSSH200". SQLSTATE=42501

DSN connection was successful and user was able to see the tables when try to connect from Excel as well. However , when we connect from Control center or other client tools (Cognos) it throws the error. We are able to connect to other database though. Any help would be appreciated

2. Best Answer
    Posted by jayakumaru05

"
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.bb View Post
    Try this from the user account with the appropriate authorizations:
    Code:
    db2 "grant execute on package NULLID.SYSSH200 to public"
    Should this be done from Database or Client tool ? Also can your please let me know the use of package Nullid.Syssh200, is there issue with granting execute to public"

Provided Answers: 45
    Code:
    Regards,
    Mark.

Code:
    Should this be done from Database or Client tool ? Also can your please let me know the use of package Nullid.Syssh200, is there issue with granting execute to public

Quote Originally Posted by jayakumaru05 View Post
    Should this be done from Database or Client tool ? Also can your please let me know the use of package Nullid.Syssh200, is there issue with granting execute to public
    This is an sql statement. So, it doesn't matter where your tool issuing this statement is running.
    CLI bind files and package names.
    These packages are used to support DB2 CLI/ODBC calls.
    Regards,
    Mark.

This is an sql statement. So, it doesn't matter where your tool issuing this statement is running.
    CLI bind files and package names.
    These packages are used to support DB2 CLI/ODBC calls.
    I have checked with my DBA on this , and he shared a screenshot and said execute privilege is already present for that user on the SYSSH200 package. I have attached a screenshot of the privilege. Not sure what we are missing here.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Library Privilege.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	17456

You should bind from the client the following lists of bind files to iseries as described here:
    https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledg.../t0024970.html
    @db2ubind.lst
    @db2cli.lst
    @ddcs400.lst
    Regards,
    Mark.

Issue was with the user id does not have authority in NULLID library. DBA has added the user id to the authority list of the library and that fixed the issue. Thanks Mark for the guidance.