Paul,

Did you ever resolve the error on your database? I am receiving the same error. Any assistance would be appriciated!

"The query cannot be executed because some files are either missing or not registered. Run setup again to make sure the required files are registered."

Thanks,
    Brian M.

Brian,

I was told to download and install the latest MDAC compoment. This was the explanation I received:

It is likely caused by a version mismatch of one of the MDAC component files and this is caused sometimes because when the MDAC install process is going on, if a MDAC component file is in use by some other program then it may not get replaced with a newer version and thus there is a chance for version mismatch. It is always a good idea to close all programs before installing a new product.

This was from:
    Nat Padmanaban, MCSE
    Microsoft SQL Server Support

Let me know if this helps you.

Sincerely,

Paul

I was having the same problem on a win xp system... however, i suspected it was because i had attempted to reconfigure MDAC on the system.

i tried installing the latest version MDAC ( 2.6 ) that was available to me immediately. i cudnt download version 2.7 right then.

Anywayz - in the end - i ran the setup for winxp again and chose to 'upgrade existing installation' - in an attempt to reinstall the system without affecting the programs installed. fortunately, all the system files got replaced and the programs remained intact - and voila - problem solved!

I've sold the problem by downloading the latest MDAC 2.7

Bye!