Victor Carnale Guest

Answered: PERL DBI problem

We have a PERL script that has successfully run for 6 months on a Unix platform. Then 1 day we started getting the following error when connecting to Oracle. (No changes were made to the script)

Allocation too large at Oracle.pm line 262.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Jprimedit

"Hi

Oracle is not really something I know much about yet so I may be way off base here but it sounds more like a problem with the database. Your Perl scrip may have some form of memory allocation which tells the script to load the database (supposedly quicker) and this may have been exceeded. If so, changing the allocation size in your script could solve the problem.

As I said, I am in no way an expert and this is off the top of my head so I hope it works or gives you another direction to think about and eventually resolve the error."

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Oracle is not really something I know much about yet so I may be way off base here but it sounds more like a problem with the database. Your Perl scrip may have some form of memory allocation which tells the script to load the database (supposedly quicker) and this may have been exceeded. If so, changing the allocation size in your script could solve the problem.

As I said, I am in no way an expert and this is off the top of my head so I hope it works or gives you another direction to think about and eventually resolve the error.
    Cheers
    Dataferret