retd Guest

Answered: database corrupted

i, we are working in peer to peer w98 network and using bde 5.11. When we have a lot of access in our database the table crash down (index or blob) and we need to repair with pdxdld (paradox table repair utility by r.krejcy). In our progs we are only using TQuery object.

2. Best Answer
    Posted by Joseph Misko

"Peer-to-peer is not nearly as stable as a file server. It is not recommended for heavy Paradox database access. If you have to repair a lot, you may want to look at Chimney Sweep at www.sundialservices.com You did not really ask a question. Many users are on W98 using BDE 5.1.1. It appears you are also using Delphi, although you did not specify, which leaves many unknowns. If you are primarily doing read-only, you should not expect to see much corruption. I am not familiar with the table repair by r.krejcy, where is this available from?

Joseph Misko Guest
    Peer-to-peer is not nearly as stable as a file server. It is not recommended for heavy Paradox database access. If you have to repair a lot, you may want to look at Chimney Sweep at www.sundialservices.com You did not really ask a question. Many users are on W98 using BDE 5.1.1. It appears you are also using Delphi, although you did not specify, which leaves many unknowns. If you are primarily doing read-only, you should not expect to see much corruption. I am not familiar with the table repair by r.krejcy, where is this available from?