Unanswered:

Hi,

Overhere (Shell Gabon) I am just finishing the installation of the monitoring tool we chose here. It is the Big Brother system & network monitor. This monitors our unix and nt servers, routers and databases.
    You can have several tests on the servers, and download plugin tests, like the oracle tests. If you look into the stuff some futher, you will be able to make your own tests which show up on the Big Brother page.

For an example, and the software, look on http://bb4.com

O by the way, in most of the cases, you can use it for free!
    (Except when you make money by using the software)
    Ruud Schilders
    -----------------
    Oracle DBA
    e-mail : ruud@schilders.it
    URL : www.schilders.it
    Twitter : www.twitter.com/ruudschilders

Ruud, thanks for the reply. Looks like pretty cool stuff! Unfortunately, my client is looking for more of a turn-key solution with some vendor backing (no shareware) for long term support and accountability., I'll definitely be looking at it on my own though.

Thanks again,
    Steve

Thumbs up Monitoring tool

Hello there,

Have you been able to find a solution for your customer. I'm also trying to perform such research at this moment. Could you help me with the result of your study ?

Nothing better and more solid than OEM for Oracle and OS monitoring. We have single OMS that handles more than 100 db instances and never had an issue with not catching a single event before ever happened.

Hope that helps,

clio_usa - OCP - DBA