Unanswered: Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1

The SQL 2000 box i have has Full Text Search enabled it. I can create populated columns etc, but when attempting to run full text search query against a table I know is there , the following error appears:

Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Execution of a full-text operation failed. Langauge database/cache file could not be found.

I checked the reigonal settings on my machine & the server were the same, use the same breaker language etc etc. If I create the full text queries from either EM or from the Query analyser I get the same end result.

Has anyone hit this before ?

Thanks

It seems like error 7619 can be used for more than one error. You get "Execution of a full-text operation failed. Langauge database/cache file could not be found. ". In the online documentaion Microsoft explains the error like this:

You also may encounter Error 7619, "The query contained only ignored words" when using any of the full-text predicates in a full-text query, such as CONTAINS(pr_info, 'between AND king'). The word "between" is an ignored or noise word and the full-text query parser considers this an error, even with an OR clause. Consider rewriting this query to a phrase-based query, removing the noise word, or options offered in Knowledge Base article Q246800, "INF: Correctly Parsing Quotation Marks in FTS Queries". Also, consider using Windows 2000 Server: there have been some enhancements to the word-breaker files for Indexing Services.

It seems that the answer as always is to get the latest service pack as well.

Originally posted by achorozy
    It seems like error 7619 can be used for more than one error. You get "Execution of a full-text operation failed. Langauge database/cache file could not be found. ". In the online documentaion Microsoft explains the error like this:

You also may encounter Error 7619, "The query contained only ignored words" when using any of the full-text predicates in a full-text query, such as CONTAINS(pr_info, 'between AND king'). The word "between" is an ignored or noise word and the full-text query parser considers this an error, even with an OR clause. Consider rewriting this query to a phrase-based query, removing the noise word, or options offered in Knowledge Base article Q246800, "INF: Correctly Parsing Quotation Marks in FTS Queries". Also, consider using Windows 2000 Server: there have been some enhancements to the word-breaker files for Indexing Services.

It seems that the answer as always is to get the latest service pack as well.

Well thats the frustrating thing - we have SP2 running already.
    I tried the Q article you suggested & no joy.

Any suggestions?

You could use a REPLACE statement to get rid of the noise words before running the query. OR you could edit the Noise word file, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this.

Originally posted by AjarnMark
    You could use a REPLACE statement to get rid of the noise words before running the query. OR you could edit the Noise word file, although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this.
    ------------------------------------------------

The problem is fixed.........

When we were trying to get full text search running on a SQL box that had W2K Server with regional settings of US, SQL Server regional settings of UK we got the error below when trying to run a fulltext query:

Server: Msg 7619, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Execution of a full-text operation failed. Langauge database/cache
    file could not be found.

This has been resolved by using NEUTRAL word breaker for all Fulltext queries. There are some limitations to its usage, but we can live with them. Apparently there are issues with the Microsoft Search service in this regard, and appears ( from my converstions with other people ) to be an ongoing issue.

Thanks for your help.

Colbee.