Unanswered: looking for some info

I'm looking over sybase now, and it seems to be a great db. I also notice that there seems to be three different sybases' to chose from: ASE, anywhere, and IQ - can someone give me a break down on any major differences, and which one I should go for (marginal traffic/40kuniques daily)?

ASE is like most RDBMS's -- MS SQL, Oracle, PostGRES, etc.
    Anywhere is to ASE as MS Access is to MS SQL Server.. Well, not really, but Anywhere is sort of like what you'd have in a workgroup environment (I think). Check out the URL and read up on it, it can tell you a lot more.
    IQ is the database you want if you're running a datawarehouse of 25TB.
    Thanks,

Matt

One last question - looking thru the prices of ASE, I'm getting nowhere but confused.

If I wanted to purchase ASE 12.5 for a dual PIII system on Linux - what am I looking at? I see so many prices and options etc., that I'm afraid I just don't know where to begin!

Tom,

It depends if you want to be charged per-seat (e.g. 1 user license x a certain dollar amount) or an internet access license (since Sybase can't keep track of how many 'actual' users are connected on a typical web app they charge on a per CPU basis). I think there are a couple more (per server maybe), but a Sybase sales rep could answer it better than I, I'm sure .
    Thanks,

Matt