Unanswered: Access 2000 on Citrix

Hello,

I have an Access 2000 application where users have to login to identify themselve with an Access Workgroup file. This has to work now on a Citrix server. The problem now is that when there are several users active, the user who quit's the application cannot get access anymore without repairing the database. I think that Access did not logout the user correctly because Access is actually still running on the server. Does anyone have experience with Access 2000 and the use of an Access Workgroup file on a Citrix server? Can this work???

Thanx in advance.

Charles van Driest
    charles.vandriest@wanadoo.nl

Vandriest,

This may be a useless reply, because I'm not quite sure if you have the access workgroup file implemented on the Citrix server or not. I couldn't quite tell from your post.

Citrix sees only the location of the actual Citrix server, not where the users are logging in from. With no user/group accounts created in the actual access system, on the Citrix server, access only sees one person logged in many times. This creates the lock file etc. etc., and even though your users are logging out, it still only appears as the same person to the system.

I experienced the same issue recently, with Citrix, and remedied it using the access user accounts, at the Citrix server level. Try setting up your system for a secondary login. (E.G User and group accounts in Access.) That way although Citrix tells your Access application these users are coming from the same location, Access will recognize different users via their login.

(Note - your secondary login does not need passwords for access to recognize different users, but do make sure you password protect your Admin acct.)
    Last edited by DanaDane; 01-09-03 at 12:31.

Re: Access 2000 on Citrix

You may want to look up the error in the microsoft search...we had the same problem minus the workgroup file...the same thing happend. Part of it is the way access and windows 2000 server lock files, the first one in locks the file and when they leave, it crashes the app and produces the error...the remedy is to kick everyone off and repair the db...our fix is to just have one admin user logged in (connected through citrix) all the time...it works well...let me know if you find a better solution

Chris

Originally posted by vandriest
    Hello,

I have an Access 2000 application where users have to login to identify themselve with an Access Workgroup file. This has to work now on a Citrix server. The problem now is that when there are several users active, the user who quit's the application cannot get access anymore without repairing the database. I think that Access did not logout the user correctly because Access is actually still running on the server. Does anyone have experience with Access 2000 and the use of an Access Workgroup file on a Citrix server? Can this work???

Thanx in advance.

Charles van Driest
    charles.vandriest@wanadoo.nl