Unanswered: Data Transfer Between MDB

How transfer data present in one MDB to another MDB when both the MDB are of same design
    pradeeep

You might want to read an Access book to get the basics down...

You can copy, link, import, export, drag and drop, and who knows what else...

The design of the database doesn't really matter. The first thing you need to figure out if you want to add the data to a table in the other database or if you want to create a new table in the other database. This all depend on what you need to do with the data.

Arrow tranfer data MDB

you didn't get my point

i am having an mdb lets say first.mdb i made two copies of the same
    mdb after doing some data manipulation with one i want the the same data to be another mdb . Import / export option doesn't work for me since it will import /export along with objects. My need is only to tranfer data.
    pradeeep

What if you put the data in a third database, and call it backend.mdb, then link the two databases to the backend.mdb and you are sharing the data between all your applications. i.e. You update first1.mdb and the data changes are readily available in first2.mdb.

I hope I got your point now. If not, explain again and I (or others) can see if we can help you.

Lightbulb tranfer of data

Thanks for your reponse to my doubt

Real situation was we have some mdb in which we are stroring data.
    but for some reason we sent some of the MDBs to a client for some code modification. During the period of modification we have entered data into MDBs present with us. But after the modification done the client has sent MDBs back to us, data in this MDBs ( from client) are not up to date, But data in our MDB's (with us)is upto date .

mdbs with client are latest when we talk of code
    mdbs with us are latest when we talk of data

now we want to sychronize them and get final mdbs with latest code modifications and data .
    pradeeep

Ah, now you tell me the real situation...

here, table1 is your complete table and table2 is your incomplete table. They are linked with their ID's

INSERT INTO table2 ( ID, field1, field2, field3 )
    SELECT table1.ID, table1.field1, table1.field2, table1.field3
    FROM table1 LEFT JOIN table2 ON table1.ID = table2.ID
    WHERE (((table2.ID) Is Null));

Hope this helps.....

actually, my last response only explains how to 'glue' the records that are new to the incomplete data. If records have been updated, you might just want to replace the whole table.

Good luck!

Exclamation tranfer data MDB

ya its true

but i don't know the number of tables or their names or structure but only thing i can say is both mdb's are of same design i have to do it for many number of mdbs atleast 1000 no's so i want to automate the process , your said procedure works if its for single simple mdb.
    mdb's i am talking will have atleast 20 tables
    pradeeep

oops, looks like you've got quite a task on your hands.

I really can't justify to write a whole procedure for you that compare one database to the next, automatically, and do it 1000 times.

Perhaps someone else reads this and has the time and knowledge to do it for you.

Otherwise you're gonna need a lot of time or a lot of people to do this transition.

Hope this is what you are looking for

SELECT oldTable.* INTO newTable IN 'D:\\newDatabase.mdb

Please let me know whether you are going to do this from VB/VC++
    and also whether with DAO/ADO.