Unanswered: Windows Based Diff Tool

Anyone know of a good windows based diff tool that can compare two different mysql database for missing tables, columns, etc.? No need for data comparison.

Thanks

Just trying to keep this alive. Maybe someone will have a suggestion...
    Rob Wilkerson

There is a GUI product coded WINDIFF that you can download, search on Google (http://www.google.com), or if you like to use Unix commands here is a bundle of Unix tools for Win32

GNU utilities for Win32

You can then use diff.exe

Yeah, I have WinMerge - a very good diff tool, but good for flat files. It doesn't compare database schemas. Toad does this nicely, but is also pretty costly. Be nice to find something cheaper, if not free.

I think that's what flint was looking for and I know that's what I'd like to find. <grin>

Thanks.
    Rob Wilkerson

Sorry about that prior post, really has no use to this question. However there is a Perl program called MySQLDiff.pl

MySQLDiff

This not only compares to schemas, but generates the ALTER script. It uses the MYSQLDUMP utility with the -d flag to produce the schema for a database.

That sounds a lot more like what we're looking for, thanks. Do you know if it is functional in a Windows environment? The examples seemed very linux/unix-centric, but I'm not very familiar with either.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. It looks like it'll do exactly what I'm looking for if I can get it to work in windows.
    Rob Wilkerson

I use it in a Windows envirnomnet. The INSTALL file has the following commands to do to install

Code:
       perl Makefile.PL
       make
       make test
       make install
    For Windows use NMake instead of Make, which can be found at

Win32 NMake

Outstanding. Thanks again.
    Rob Wilkerson