Organisation of usenet forums

Just a thought on this. While I am sure the organisation of the forums is done logically from the point of view of usenet, for the forums it is rather confusing. For example, if you want to find a mySQL forum in usenet, well it is rather hard. I have no idea why it is in the mailing sub category but I am sure there is some reason. Even so, would it not be better to organise them by database type, for example group the oracle ones together. It just seems that while some categories are organised, others seem to be a bit more random.

Anyway, just a thought.

NC, USA
    Yeah, I spent some time myself over this decision. One option I was toying with was to give each local forum a subforum containg related usenet groups. I finally chose the current method to keep all usenet groups under a single parent to allow easy use of the access masks and pruning etc. I guess I could still keep the single parent and rearrange the groups within that, but then it may be confusing to people who are used to the usenet hierarchy and only use this as a web front-end. I'll give it some more thought.

By the way, the reason MYSQL groups are in the mailing hierarchy is because they are simply mailing list archives rather that true usenet groups (although they are archived on usenet). If you post in that group, the posts won't actually be distributed to the mailing list. I should really make that more clear to people before they waste time posting.