Unanswered: Problems with create table

Hi there,

I am trying to create a new table with an auto number as the primary key. However, I don't know why I keep getting the 'datalink' error? Any ideas?

- S

CREATE TABLE DS (id integer NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (START WITH 0, INCREMENT BY 1, NO CACHE), user_id BIGINT(8) NOT NULL, trans_type SMALLINT (2), comment VARCHAR (100), user_type SMALLINT(2), vat VARCHAR (30), date TIMESTAMP WITH DEFAULT CURRENT TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY (id)) DATA CAPTURE NONE IN DATATS INDEX IN INDEXTS

Produces the following error:

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
    SQL0104N An unexpected token "BIGINT" was found following ", NO CACHE), user_id". Expected tokens may include: "DATALINK". SQLSTATE=42601
    Last edited by SamuelSt; 01-10-02 at 10:31.

Re: Problems with create table

Use just BIGINT instead of BIGINT(8) .....

Cheers

Sathyaram[

QUOTE]Originally posted by SamuelSt
    Hi there,

I am trying to create a new table with an auto number as the primary key. However, I don't know why I keep getting the 'datalink' error? Any ideas?

- S

CREATE TABLE DS (id integer NOT NULL GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY (START WITH 0, INCREMENT BY 1, NO CACHE), user_id BIGINT(8) NOT NULL, trans_type SMALLINT (2), comment VARCHAR (100), user_type SMALLINT(2), vat VARCHAR (30), date TIMESTAMP WITH DEFAULT CURRENT TIMESTAMP, PRIMARY KEY (id)) DATA CAPTURE NONE IN DATATS INDEX IN INDEXTS

Produces the following error:

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
    SQL0104N An unexpected token "BIGINT" was found following ", NO CACHE), user_id". Expected tokens may include: "DATALINK". SQLSTATE=42601
    [/QUOTE]