Unanswered: Access for Web DB?

I'm a newbie trying to learn what I need to do to achieve a goal.

I want to create a submission form of data that will update my web site. The submission needs to update a master database (Access???), from which an index of available items in the database would be generated from. Further, once these items are generated to the master database, visitors need to be able to submit "guestbook" type entries to indivdual items in the database, which would also be automatically post to the site and viewed.

I know what I want to do accomplish, but minimal to no experience in creating a dynamic web site. I am a great learner once guided in the right direction.

Any takers?

Bay Area, CA
    The first question is what type of server are you using. To post an Access database, you need a server with NT or Win 2000.
    If this is what you use, you can use ASP to dynamically create your web site.

A cheaper, but excellent solution for guestbook type websites is php with a mysql database.

Hope this helps...

Smile Access for Web DB

Thank you for your reply. I'm trying to get a feel for the direction I need to proceed and your reply adds to my road map. Thanks again.