Unanswered: Transfer a database from server to another

Hi
    I have a mdb database which i have on one server and I need to transfer it to another server. I copied all the Sql log files and everything to the server i want to transfer my database to, but I am unable to do so, at times I can view my application but it does not run and starts giving me error on my datatypes or wont even open the database(these are the error i have got when i tried ot solve my problem).
    I hope some one understand the problems I am having. I am stuck and dont know how to get it to solve.
    Can some one please help
    MY frontend is access and backend is sql server.
    Thanks in advance
    Sincerely

What are you trying to transfer?
    The mdb is the access database and you can transfer that by just copying it to the other server probably.
    for sql server - sql server will need to be installed on the destination server. The easiest way to transfer is by backing up the database on the source server, copying the backup file to the destination server then retoring.

You can also transfer by dettaching the database, copying the mdf and ldf files to the destination and attaching there.
    Just copying the database files will not usually end up with a workable database.

Hi
    Thanks for the help...
    The destination server, has SQL server installed and I did copy the ldf and mdb files there..but in odbc connection I cannot view the log view though they are present in the right directory..
    To be more precise I am giving u the steps I followed
    1. I pasted the mdb file on the server
    2. Then I took the log files and pasted tehm in the right directory of the Sql server.
    3. I made ODBC connection
    4. After doing that I Could not see the log files...and I am not sure why I cnat see the log files
    5. I tried opening the application..a few forms opend and the other had weird messages, either the datatype was wrong or the attribute does not exist.
    I am not sure what is going wrong. THis is my first time at SQL server.
    Thank u for the help
    Sincerely