Unanswered: trigger updating more than it should?

I have a program developed in delphi using ADO connections to the database, and whenever I perform an insert or update action on a dataset, I get a message that the row has changed and cannot be updated (even though it usually works...) Anyway after several tests, I have found that it is one of my triggers that is causing this. The trigger is defined as follows
    Code:
    CREATE TRIGGER updateSousdossierInfoClassifications ON [dbo].[Item_Dossier] 
    FOR INSERT, UPDATE
    AS

INSERT INTO sousdossier_info_classifications 
      SELECT sousdossier,case when classification = '' or classification is null then 'Autre' else classification end, (select taux from ratio where id = 'MARKUP')
      FROM item_dossier i
      WHERE NOT EXISTS ( select * from sousdossier_info_classifications where sousdossier = i.sousdossier and classification =  case when i.classification = '' or i.classification is null then 'Autre' else i.classification end)
     AND i.id in (select id from inserted)
    Now this updates the sousdossier_info_classifications table as it's supposed to, however the dataset on item_dossier also seems to be modified.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Ben

Instead of

If you don't want to insert in the table where the trigger is defined you should use something like this:

CREATE TRIGGER updateSousdossierInfoClassifications ON [dbo].[Item_Dossier]
    INSTEAD OF INSERT
    AS

I hope this help you.

See you