Question Unanswered: Pure MS-DOS Connection to SQL-Server?

I want to use pure MS-DOS-Handhelds for warehouse keeping. Therefore I would like to get a connection to our SQL-Server from MS-DOS. Unfortunately, ISQL or OSQL just work in a DOS-Box from Windows with ODBC or ADO installed.

Is there a possibility or a program that I can use to question our database from a DOS-program?

Thanks in advance

You will need something to handle the datasteam if you connect from the handheld - the equivalent of mssqlrv32.

Another option is to connect to something else on the server - like a com object which then handles the database access - bit like iis and mts.

I'm sure there are plenty of ways of doing this if you could find someone who knows how to code in dos.

A not very nice way would be to put the create a text file on the server with the request. A task runs on the server looking for these text files, executes the request and creates another text file with the result - the handheld opens that text file and reads the result.

Houston, TX
    isql & osql use DB-Library to connect to SQL Server. I have used this sollution (may years ago) to connect to Sybase on Win 3.1, Should work just fine on MS-DOS/SQL Server.
    Paul Young
    (Knowledge is power! Get some!)