Exclamation Unanswered: How to Start Synchronize by running a stored procedure

I would like to be able to start synchronizing a pull subscription by running a stored procedure. Is this possible?

Iīm using SQL Server 7.0 SP3

I have to servers, and a merge replication running. Sometimes one of them stops synchronizing, so I would like to be able to make them start again from my home, maybe by entering a web page that runs some kind of procedure on the server, or by sending an email that launches the process.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Santiago

Hello Santiago,

Any luck with "Start Synchronize by running a stored procedure"?

Provided Answers: 54
    You do realize that post is nearly seven years old, right?

There are a number of ways to start replication when it fails, but they all have the potential to be extremely dangerous to replica integrity if you don't understand why the replication failed.

I would VERY STRONGLY recommend that you use VPN/RDP or something similar to get connected to your distributor and understand why replication stopped before you do anything to attempt a restart.

-PatP

Yes and Yes! I do understand why it stops. It is a common problem for us where we just need to restart synchronizing after a general network failure.

Thanks!

BTW: Do you know the error msg for "General network Failure" in SQL it displays Error 11 for data source and Error number 08S01 for ODBC SQL Server driver. We are using SQL 2000.

Thanks!

replication?

What's that?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser
    replication?

What's that?
    Replication is a set of technologies for copying and distributing data and database objects from one database to another and then synchronizing between databases to maintain consistency.