Angry Unanswered: error 3043: "disk or network error"

I have an Access 97 database residing on an NT4.0 server. When opening from a remote machine, it periodically gives the error "disk or network error" and the database has to be closed and reopened.

The machine was moved to different segments within our WAN, and in one segment, the problem does not occur. The server has TCP/IP installed first and then NETBEUI.

Some think that the problem could be related to WINS, but I don't think so. I saw an article in Microsoft Knowledge Base discussing a problem with the TEMP directory, but that doesn't seem to apply here.

How can I prove that this is a network problem, and not a configuration issue with my server, or a problem with Access.

Try:

1. Install the latest driver for NIC (network card).
    2. If it doesn't help, get new NIC.

HTH

This happens because of bad network connection. some times, when you ping from remote machine, you will be able to ping. Hence network connection is established. But actually the network/communication connection is either loose or not able to connect for some nano seconds.

You may try replacing the NIC. Most of the times, this works out. You may checkup for any network problem. Otherwise, it should work.