Unanswered: Accessing the Universe Database through ODBC

Has anyone made a connection to the Pick/Universe Database with VB?

UV-ODBC connectivity

We are working on it. We have received data through MS Query and also MS Access. Currently we can only connect to our Universe database using 'root' access. We want to turn this over to users so we need to resolve some Unix permission problems.

From what I can tell it looks like a nice solution. We are running Universe 9.5.1.1B and UV-ODBC 9.5.1.1B.

Re: UV-ODBC connectivity

Dear MR.scook
    We need a small help from you,
    Please give information on how to connect to universe database using odbc/oledb on lunux server from windows client usning vb or vc.
    Thanks a lot,
    Please mail to : gantimcp@yahoo.com
    --Ganti

Re: UV-ODBC connectivity

Dear Scook,

Have you made any progress on this work that you might want to share with me? I badly need a way to connect to a universe database, using ODBC.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ramses

Originally posted by scook
    We are working on it. We have received data through MS Query and also MS Access. Currently we can only connect to our Universe database using 'root' access. We want to turn this over to users so we need to resolve some Unix permission problems.

From what I can tell it looks like a nice solution. We are running Universe 9.5.1.1B and UV-ODBC 9.5.1.1B.

Hi to every one!

Seems we're all in the same boat. However, I'm having problems connecting to the ODBC server. If you could help me how to install/configure the Universe ODBC server and clients, I'll to my best to help you out with the connections.

My problem is that I have the UniVerse ODBC client installed on my machine, but when I test the, connection, the error says "connection refused." When I check the server using the CONFIG command, the ODBC pack is installed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers!

MS Access X Universe

Could you send me a sample of this, connecting UV with MS Access? I have the same kind of problem!!!

Many thanks

Scipione.

universe

Dear Scook,

Could you give me a sample of this, connecting UV ODBC with VB?

thanks,

nurmi
    (nurmi@australia.edu)

Hi Scook,
    can u please post the sample cost so that it will be useful to every one.

Help

Can anyone send me infor on how i can connect to a universe database ODBC while in MS Access.( simbanoku@hotmail.com) Are there any drivers needed and wheich one. Comprehensive info please