Post to a Usenet forum

Hi

I'm a new dBforums user. I want to ask a question on a Usenet forum, but when I cannot do it because it says that I have to post at least 3 messages to local forums.
    Well, I've posted more than 3 messages replying questions of other users, but I still cannot create my own question. So, where I should post these messages to local forums, because I guess that replying other user's questions is not the solution.

Thanks.

You've only posted one message in the 'local' forums.

It's not really that difficult to reach 3 posts. If the question you need to ask on usenet is that important, why not try asking it in a local forum aswell. That way even more people will see it. Answer two more threads in a local forum and you have access.

Although not directed at you, I'm also getting tired of people posting pointless messages just to get on usenet. The usenet groups were originally added as a searchable read-only archive. I'm beginning to wish it stayed that way.

Thanks for the advice.

Of course I can post my question to a local forum, but it is a very Fortran specific question and I do not think that it fits to any of the local forums that you have.

Anyway, do not worry for me, I won't bother you with more silly questions.

Regards

Don't take my previous rant personally dalsina. You are right that fortran probably doesn't really have a relevant local forum. To show there's no hard feelings, I have manually increased your post count to 3 to allow access to usenet.

Hi Paul,

Can you please allow me post msg to the group? because I have specific questions need to ask in the group. Besides, where is local forum, I used to post msg to the openbsd misc group, but my new ISP doesn't have news server.

Thanks
    sam

hi sammysammy,

You should have no problems posting to the usenet groups as your post count is over 3. Let me know what problems you are having.