Talking Unanswered: Where can I find free templates? and Instant Web?

Hi Everyone

I am VERY new user to Filemaker and really need some good ideas. So I was hoping to find a good place to get free templates of databases people did. Then I would be able to get som script samples for my own DB's. I used to be a Acces user, but has seen the light of Filemaker and really want to learn.

Secondly - is it possible (I've heard so) to build "instant web pages" from the DB. So to say - that one can build the DB in Browser mode, and then it can "generate" the webforms itself??

Filemaker comes with some templates with it Im pretty sure and some are pretty helpful once you know what your looking for. Other than those I think its almost imposible to find "free templates". I know because every time I get stuck trying to figure out a problem with one of my databases and I try to find one similer people want to charge me $20 to $30 just to look at it. And to answer your second question, instant web publishing is soooooo easy. For the most part what it does is it takes your database and makes it web friendly, moving it from its FM home to the web. Also if your thinking about using FM on the web maybe try Lasso or somthing like that to connect from db to web. Best of luck to you.

some resources

Hi,

Actually the web is probably more packed with FM than anyother low-end db stuff.

For starters try this page. Fenton Jones as some nice lessons in text pages. There are also some files you can pry on.

http://www.fentonjones.com

On the bottom of his page you'll see a WebRing Navigator. This is your entry to the FM WebRing. There are tons of files and info on FM on the web except it's not allways easy to find them througth a search engine.

if your really just beggining his files will be great.
    hope the link's nice for you

Re: Where can I find free templates? and Instant Web?

The main filemaker website (www.filemaker.com) has a number of "solutions" which you can download for free. I often find this to be a useful starting point for database design. To get to the solutions, go to the main site and click on "downloads" and then "filemaker collection". You can then search for what you need (or alternatively, view all so you can browse through and then decide!).

Also, try www.databasepros.com for downloadable solutions or dwdataconcepts.com

Google searches for what you're looking for are also supremely helpful.

Originally posted by Alf
    Hi Everyone

I am VERY new user to Filemaker and really need some good ideas. So I was hoping to find a good place to get free templates of databases people did. Then I would be able to get som script samples for my own DB's. I used to be a Acces user, but has seen the light of Filemaker and really want to learn.

Secondly - is it possible (I've heard so) to build "instant web pages" from the DB. So to say - that one can build the DB in Browser mode, and then it can "generate" the webforms itself??