Unanswered: Using Access as a Front End

As the subject line indicates, I'm trying to link MySQL tables into MS Access in order to provide a quickie interface for rapid data entry, etc.

I've installed MyODBC 3.51, the latest MDAC and just about every other possible upgrade I can think of that might be considered remotely relevant. Probably a few that aren't, too.

I can create the DSN just fine. It even tests out fine from the DSN dialogue box. Says I'm connected and life is good. When I open Access, though, and try to link the tables ... I get a very problematic, very unhelpful error message.

"Reserved error (-7778); there is no message for this error."

I've seen several references to this problem on the web, but no one seems to have any answers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone?
    Rob Wilkerson

The 3.51 ODBC drivers are experimental, and don't work for me (or you). Try the 2.59 line

Bingo. Thanks for the information. Surprisingly simple, but greatly appreciated.
    Rob Wilkerson

myODBC choices

additional info on this, we have to use myodbc 2.59 with Access 2000, but this will not work with Visual FoxPro 5 or 7, which seem to require myodbc 3.51 to work.