Question Unanswered: Duplicate database

Hi,
    I'm completley new to the Oracle dmbs and have a question.

How do I duplicate a Oracle database? I have one database that is empty and now I would like to make a copy of that to a other name. How do I do it? Please describe in high detail.

copy of a database

hi,
    you can try using the eport utility for that matter.just type in exp at the dos prompt and follow the instructions.

kaushik

hi again,

i didn't describe my problem very well... What I really would like to do is to duplicate a schema so I could set up a odbc/bde connection to it. Why? Because I have, via scripts, created a schema with tables, indexes, trigger, functions and so on and now I would like to use the database/schema in a testenvirorment, thats why I need the duplicate it, so I don't mess up the "original".

How do I do it? In SQL Server and Interbase I just created a backup of the database and restored with another name. But I do not know how to do that with Oracle 8i(NT)...

Problem solved

Hi,

thanks for your time, I've solved the problem by my self. Created a new tablespace and user manually and reused the scripts I made for the original database.