Unanswered: how to install access97 on w2k os with officexp

I have install win2k with office xp
    i have an application that runs based access97
    i have installed officexp and the application wont run
    i hve installed access97 and when i try to open it i get a massage that say "you do not have access license for this machine"
    how can solve it?

Talking

This solution is so convoluted...but it works!!!

First, you have to move the hatten.ttf (haettenschweiler) font out of the C:\WinNT\fonts directory and rename it (hattenOLD, for example)

Then, go to the Office directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10) and rename the Access executable (msaccess.exe) to something like msaccess.yuk

Next, when you are installing Access 97, choose a custom installation. Clear all the boxes *from the botom up* (important), then select Access (solid box, not greyed). You can skip this step if you're installing more than just Access.
    Also, you need to install to a different directory. I have found that C:\Program Files\Access97 works.

After installation, go back to the Access 2K exe and rename it to the original name.

This should work, although you may have to tinker with the shortcuts to get things pointed at the right version.
    Good Luck!
    -Jim

Here is the correct way to address this issue as it is a known problem while running Access 97 an any machine that had or still has Office2K or better coinstalled.

Download AcLin97.exe from Microsoft. This will fix the problem.

Here is the link.

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q191/2/24.ASP

This is much less convoluted and will fix the problem. It indicates it is designed for 98, but I would try it. This will certainly lead you in the right direction.
    Last edited by PaulGQ; 02-20-02 at 17:01.

Wink

I don't think that fix will work. AcLin97.exe is designed (as I understand it) for Win98 boxes only, not the Win2K problem here. Also, the issue is having 2 different versions installed simultaneously, which AcLin97 doesn't address. Convoluted OSs require convoluted solutions!
    Let us know what works!!
    Cheers,
    -Jim

I had a similar problem with a machine running windows XP and Office SBE and I wanted to install Access 97. There is actually another knowledge base article from Microsoft at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q141373

This article outlines the font issue, and also a permissions setting that needs to be changed for Win 2K users.

Using this I was able to get access working on my machine. Hope this helps.

Dave