Unanswered: how to install access97 on w2k os with officexp

I have install win2k with office xp
    i have an application that runs based access97
    i have installed officexp and the application wont run
    i hve installed access97 and when i try to open it i get a massage that say "you do not have access license for this machine"
    how can solve it?

Is your version of Access XP an upgrade to Access 97? If so, I don't believe you can run both. Double-check with the folks at Microsoft... www.microsoft.com.
    "There's never enough time to do it right, but there's always enough time to do it over!"

From what I have read, Access XP operates similarly to Access 2000. YOu need to go to Microsoft and look up installing Access 2000 and Access 97 on the same machine. There are copious items on the subject.

I have downloaded a whole stack of stuff, but to date have not gone through and consolidated the information. From what I can see we have to move and rename a few files to make it work.

"You do not have access license for this machine"

I had the same problem and solved it by using the following solution from the Knowledge base......

Its an odd workaround but it works!

Go to the following page at the knowledge base:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q141373

Follow the steps in the article.

Cheers

Barry

Barry.

I noted a lot of reference to the Hatten font as well in the data I have. Strange a font file would have so much impact.

That what I meant when I said that it was a strange fix !!!

It is very strange and was amazed when It actually worked.... Did it solve your problem??

I haven't tried yet, I am a bit nervous, as the accounting system has some unidentified MDB in it which apparently house SQL statements??